Partner, Marine Engineer
based in Singapore
Direct Tel: +65 966 11179
Office Tel: +65 6539 0540
Qualifications: MEng, BEng (Hons), CEng, FIMarEST, MIFireE, MCMS
John Gibson was at sea for twenty years before joining the Group in 1996. Achieving the rank of Senior Second Engineer, today he is a Chartered Engineer. Since 2001 John has been a partner at Brookes Bell.
An expert in his field, John uses his extensive surveying experience to provide comprehensive assessments of –
- Hull, machinery and shore installations damage
- Ship stability
- Structural failure
- LNG & LPG vessels – including containment, pumping, re-activation, lay-up dry docking, gas trials, failures & disputes
John’s past experience included vetting ships for oil majors, and the knowledge he gained in that area continues to serve Brookes Bell well as he provides condition surveys for –
- Gas vessels
- Chemical vessels
A respected Chartered Engineer
The type of investigations John conducts are as diverse as they are thorough. Providing technical evidence for court proceedings and arbitration John has assessed –
- Cargo contamination
- Engine damage failure
- Engine room fires
- High speed ferries
- Reefer plant failure
- Wreck removal and salvage
Exploring the reasons and establishing responsibility for damage, John provides authoritative reports and evidence regarding -
- Collisions - damage assessment and speed / angle of blow
- Damage to harbour installations
- Towing disputes
Helping with contractual disputes at the earliest stage, reducing the risk of protracted negotiations and court proceedings, John offers his considered opinion to resolve -
- New building disputes
- Sale and purchase MOA disputes
As a member of the Institution of Fire Engineers John reports on fatal and non fatal fires.
- Chartered Engineer with a Combined First Class Certificate of Competency
- M.Eng with Distinction in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- B.Eng (Hons) degree (first class) in Mechanical and Marine Engineering
Professional Status and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Chartered Engineer.
- Member of the European Federation of National Engineering Associations.
- Fellow of the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology.
- Member of the Society of Consulting Marine Engineers and Ship Surveyors.
- Member of the Institution of Fire Engineers.