based in Singapore
Direct Tel: +65 9823 5717
Office Tel: +65 6539 0540
Qualifications: HNC, ONC
Joseph started within the field of metallurgy working as a mechanical testing technician for Plant Safety Limited in 1988.
- Supervising commercial mechanical testing laboratories
- Forensic failure investigations, primarily providing materials support to the power generation and oil and gas sectors.
- On-site and laboratory-based failure investigations
- Site-based NDE condition assessments
- Quality control in terms of material supply.
- Materials lead into the study of the impact of Low Plasticity Burnishing on aero foil blades.
- Frontline metallurgy/materials support in terms of welding engineering, forging activities, material supply and coating applications.
- Material and corrosion mitigation studies for onshore & offshore assets for sour extraction in the Arabian Gulf.
- Weld Procedure Qualification Record (WPQR) review and approval
- General quality control in terms of material supply into MPP.
Nature of Work Undertaken
- Material selection strategies and corrosion mitigation studies for on onshore & offshore assets for sour extraction in the Arabian Gulf.
- Review and approval of Weld Procedure Qualification Record (WPQR) documentation and material specifications (in-house).
- Supervising QA/QC activities relating to material supply, coating application and welding activities relating to new build and repair.
- Review of vendor forging activities, quality auditing and general supply.
- Metallurgical support to loss adjusters after plant failures.
- Implementation of Risk Based Inspections (RBI) strategies for inspection campaigns.
- Materials lead for the introduction of Low Plasticity Burnishing (LPB) onto Aerospace Blades.
- Failure investigation into OTC Dissimilar Metal Weld (DMW) failure on GT 26 Gas Turbine from Combined Cycle Power Station.
- Component failure; materials and chemical analysis.
- Material support into safety case reviews and devised repair strategies for 'creep' damaged plant.
- Metallurgical support during power station outages through on-site investigations and remnant life assessments on high temperature pressure parts
- Open University; Material Engineering/Engineering the Future
- Bell College of Technology; H.N.C. in Metallurgy
- Clydebank Technical College; O.N.C. in Laboratory Techniques