Partner, Marine Engineer
based in Shanghai
Direct Tel: +86 1391 7530835
Qualifications: BSc, I Eng, MIMarEST, MAE
Brendan Cuffe joined Brookes Bell Group in 2008. Since 2010 Brendan has been based in Shanghai working extensively on new building projects and casualty work.
Spending 14 years at sea and becoming a Chief Engineer, Brendan has also worked onshore as a Power Plant Engineer. With comprehensive knowledge of shipping and offshore industries, Brendan has worked on –
- Product and chemical carriers
- Bulk carriers
- Container ships
- Platform supply vessels
- Ro-ro ferries
Onshore Brendan is involved assisting buyers and sellers at shipyards in China.
As a surveyor, Brendan Cuffe provides expert inspection and consultancy services for marine industries, providing evidence as a professional witness in arbitration and court cases.
An experienced surveyor
Brendan had ten years of surveying experience before joining Brookes Bell. With broad responsibility and extensive knowledge he provides advice and guidance that includes -
- Inspections – Superficial inspection and condition surveys, class record and pre-purchase inspections
- Failures – Engine, crankshaft, piston, liner, rudders, propellers and tailshafts
- Disputes – New buildings, sale and purchase, cargo, bunker quality, seaworthiness and machinery
- Injuries – Personal and asbestos related
- Collisions – Engine room damage, including hull and machinery disputes
- Fire, flooding, ice damage and corrosion – Investigating cause, and establishing responsibility
- Fuel – Performance and consumption assessments
Offering comprehensive surveying and consultancy services, Brendan helps clients by quantifying damage and repairs, helping to settle liability disputes and claims.
Providing onboard management and risk assessment, his work helps to reduce risk from the outset - removing the need for disputes, investigations and potentially damaging court proceedings.
- Incorporated Engineer with a First Class Certificate of Competency (Motor)
- B.Sc (Open) degree
Professional Status and Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member of the Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology.
- Member of The Academy of Experts.